Research has revealed that students who are late or miss school regularly find it difficult to be successful in any of their endeavors. Absences and tardies are recorded electronically. If you have any questions regarding attendance, please call Mrs. Ackard at 270-6902.
Call 270-6902. Parents are to call the school when a student is absent.
Upon return, the student must bring a note from their parent if the parent did not call the office (specifying the reason and dates for the absence) to the front office before 8:10AM.
California Education Code 48260(a):
- Excused absences include illness, doctor’s appointment, or bereavement.
- Extended vacations are considered unexcused absences.
Re-admit Slip After Absence
Upon receipt of a valid note from their parent, a student will be issued a re-admit slip for presentation to each teacher whose class he or she missed. Students are to get their re-admit slip in the office prior to 8:10AM on the morning of their return.
Homework Make-Up Policy
Students are expected to make up any missed assignments due to any type of absence. Upon return to school, it is the student’s responsibility to get assignments from their teachers after class or after school. Teachers are not required to provide homework for unexcused absences and extended vacations. Excused absences include: doctor’s appointment, illness, or bereavement.
- First Tardy = Teacher warning and counseling
- Second Tardy = Teacher action and teacher notification to parents
- Third Tardy = Referral to the assistant principal for further discipline
- Fourth Tardy = Friday Detention (1 ½ hour detention)
- Continuous Tardies will result in: Friday Detention, exclusion from activities, suspensions, and/or referrals to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB)