There are generally three types of meetings:
- General Association - General membership meetings are held at least twice each school year.
- Executive Board - Executive Board meetings are held monthly
- Committee - Meetings are scheduled as needed
General Association Meeting Format/Guidelines
New ideas are always welcome. See the New Business Procedures to learn how to bring recommendations forward.
This is the general meeting for all members. Speakers may be scheduled, and there is a social time with possible refreshments. Voting actions by the membership at large may occur at these meetings. Each meeting is limited to one hour, and the business time at this meeting will be extremely restricted. Any new business will likely be deferred to the Executive Board Meeting.
Meetings are generally planned to occur just prior to the start of a PTSA or School hosted event. The Association meeting will be 15-30 minutes followed by the event. If the business portion takes longer than 10-15 minutes, there may be adjournment of that portion of the meeting and a continuation announced. (Bylaws: Article VII, Section 1).
- Business – 10-15 Min. (materials for consideration published before meeting and members prepared)
- Q & A
- Event or Speaker
- Meetings may be added, deleted or changed with advance public notice.
This meeting is for the Executive Board regarding business details of the organization and usually occurs monthly. Voting at these meetings is limited to members of the Executive Board.
Various committees may exist for specific activities. Meetings are scheduled as needed by the committee chair. It is possible that the committee need only communicate via email and phone.
Upcoming PTSA Meetings
Executive Board Meeting
| || |
| TBD || |
General Association Meeting