Budget Advisory Committee
The Evergreen School District established a Budget Advisory Committee beginning the 2014-2015 school year. The Committee is comprised of 15 community members representing the following groups: parents/community members (5), teachers (4), classified employees (3), and administrators (3). Committee members will learn about the District’s budget development process, share information with respective stakeholder groups and make appropriate recommendations for the Superintendent’s consideration in the Budget Development Process.
The Committee will be chaired by the District’s Chief Business Officer (CBO) and will initially meet every other month. The Committee will adopt by-laws to govern membership term and roles and responsibilities. Employees will be selected for membership by their respective associations and parents/community members will be selected by the CBO based on their experience and knowledge of accounting and/or finance.
If you are a parent or community member and are interested in helping get this committee launched, please submit a letter of interest to Kim McNiven, Business Services Specialist email@example.com. Be sure to include your education and/or experiences in the field of accounting or finance; your experiences, if any, working in schools or the public sector; and your desire for serving.
View Budget Advisory Committee meeting documents below including presentations, agendas and minutes. All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
2018-2019 Meeting Documents
January 17, 2019
October 18, 2018
2017-2018 Meeting Documents
June 7, 2018
April 17, 2018
February 15, 2018
January 25, 2018-Budget Study Session, 2018-2019 Budget Development
- January Special Board Meeting Kathy Gomez Memo
- January Board 2018-2019 Budget Development
- January Board PowerPoint Work Session
December 7, 2017
October 19, 2017
- Budget Advisory Committee Presentation
- 2017-2018 Revised Budget with October Board Approved Fiscal Stabilization Option
Future Meeting Dates (Tentative)
- October 18, 2018**TIME CHANGED TO 4:00 PM**
- January 17, 2019
February 14, 2019- RESCHEDULED-NEW DATE TBD April 18, 2019- RESCHEDULED FOR MAY - NEW DATE TBD June 6, 2019- CANCELED
View meeting documents from previous years.
October 27, 2016
January 19, 2017
- Budget Update
- Supplemental Employee Retirement Plan
- Valuation of Retiree Health Benefits-Report of GASB 45 Valuation as of July 1, 2016
March 2 , 2017
May 3, 2017
June 1, 2017
October 28, 2015
November 30, 2015
January 20, 2016
February 24, 2016
June 1, 2016
- Budget Analysis Conversation - GASB 45 Post-employment Benefits Q & A
- 2016-17 (Draft) SACS Adopted Budget
- 2016-17 (Draft) Adopted Budget Excel Format