Enrollment and Online Registration
Students residing in the Evergreen School District (ESD) are assigned an elementary and a middle school based on their home address. Enrollment at the school of residence is on a first come, first served basis. Every attempt is made to place new students at their school of residence. However, the district cannot guarantee such placement and reserves the right to overflow students to other schools within ESD as necessary when a grade-level enrollment capacity is reached. Any student overflowed to a school other than their school of residence is provided transportation from their school of residence and back. Overflowed students will return to their school of residence the following school year or as space becomes available.
School Registration Forms
For graduating 6th graders Tdap Immunization is mandatory. A school immunization law requires all students entering 7 grade in California to be immunized with a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine booster called Tdap. Pertussis is a very contagious respiratory disease that can be severe and last for months. The immunity received from either early childhood immunization or pertussis disease wears off over time, leaving older students and adults susceptible again to pertussis. Immunization with Tdap can protect students, school and communities against pertussis. All students entering into 7th grade will need proof of a Tdap shot given on or after their 7th grade birthday before starting school. Parents need to present documentation of their child’s vaccination record to the front office.
Proof of residence is required for registration at ESD schools. Acceptable Proof of Residency Requirements are listed on the D-90G Residency Verification Declaration, which is included in the online registration packets (Registration Information and Forms link above). A school which has been designated as an Impacted School may have additional proof of residency requirements. These requirements can be obtained from the school office of the Impacted School.
The parent/guardian may request that a child attends a school other than their home school and within ESD through a School Choice Transfer Request. Information regarding the program is located on the ESD website in the School Choice section. Some highlights of the School Choice Transfer Request process include:
- Child must be registered at their designated home school.
- Transfer requests are approved based on a lottery and on space availability for School Choice Transfer Requests at the requested school.
- Parent/guardian is responsible for the transportation of students approved for a School Choice Transfer Request.
- Approval is for a specific school.
- Students who are not approved for a School Choice Transfer Request will attend their home school.
School Choice Transfer Form
Interdistrict Transfer Request
Children residing outside ESD may request enrollment at a school within ESD by first starting the Interdistrict Transfer process at their home school district. Approval must be obtained from the home school district as well as from ESD prior to enrolling at an ESD school. ESD approvals of Interdistrict Transfer Requests are based on space availability for Interdistrict Transfer Requests and require an annual renewal. Parent/guardian is responsible for the transportation of students approved through the Interdistrict Transfer Requests process.
Interdistrict Transfer Form
PowerSchool and PeachJar
Communicating with parents and caregivers is important to us. There are two online systems we use to stay in touch.
- PowerSchool is the system we use to contact you in case of an emergency and for safety notifications. On this site you will tell us who you want us to contact and where you want us to contact you...by email, through text or calling your home or mobile phone. Please click on the registration guides below and have your child's student ID to get started. This ID number can be found on your child's report card or student ID card.
- PeachJar helps you keep on top of important flyers from community groups in San Jose and the Evergreen area, the school district, athletic organizations and education enrichment. E-flyers can also be viewed by clicking on the Peachjar quick link on front page of our webpage. PeachJar Registration Instructions
It is important that you register on all systems to receive information about your child in a timely manner. Please click on the registration instruction links above to help you get started. If you have any questions, please contact the school's front office.