About PTA and Membership
The Cedar Grove PTA is an organization of volunteers comprised of parents, teachers and citizens who care about our children. The goals of our PTA are to ensure our children get an outstanding education and to provide a safe, caring and nurture.
Join PTA today! The PTA Membership Form is available for download as a PDF, or you can pick up a printed copy in the Cedar Grove Office. The completed form with membership fee can be turned in to your student's teacher or to the office.
Stay informed by signing up for the Remind text notifications to stay informed about upcoming meeting dates and times as well as upcoming events. Join Remind by texting @cgrovepta to 81010.
High five and big THANK-YOU to those who step up to be the 2018/19 PTA board members. Reach out to the PTA Board by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Cedar Grove PTA welcomes you to the 2018/2019 school year!
Your student’s class is up to the challenge! Last year several classes were only one or two families away from reaching 100% participation. Let’s set a new record this year. The first classroom to reach 100% Parent Participation in PTA membership will be rewarded with a PIZZA PARTY!
Alternately, the class with the most Parent PTA Members will be rewarded with a popsicle treat party for their class. Download the PTA Membership Form today, and turn it in with your membership fee to the office or your student's teacher.
Joining PTA is a great way for you to support Cedar Grove Elementary! This year PTA’s Goals include:
- Showing appreciation to Cedar Grove Teachers
- Encouraging Cedar Grove community by hosting fun events that bring the students together
- Supporting Art and Science enrichment opportunities
- Supporting school needs and provide important resources, such as new books for the School Library, and other important supplies.
Be part of helping these great goals by joining the PTA today!
Your volunteer time, fundraiser support, PTA membership and donation to the PTA make a huge impact on your child’s Cedar Grove educational experience. Studies indicate that parents’ involvement in their child’s education greatly affects a student’s academic performance. There is no better way to support your child than to join the PTA! Click here to download Membership Form.
There are several ways to support the PTA:
Become a PTA member
Our goal is 100% parent and teacher participation. Blue membership forms are available in the Cedar Grove Elementary office, and are also available at Back-to-School events.
Becoming a PTA member does not mean you need to attend monthly meetings, but you are always welcome to. Your membership fee alone enables PTA to provide program enrichment such as supporting assembly programs; every student benefits!
Support our year–round PTA activities
Volunteer a few hours of your time for the following events. These are just some of the events you can look forward to in the upcoming year.
- Harvest Festival
- Movie Nights
- Teacher Appreciation
- Field Day
- School Book Fair
Attend PTA Meetings
Periodic PTA meetings are held - sign up for the Remind text notifications to stay informed about upcoming meeting dates and times. Join Remind by texting @cgrovepta to 81010.
We encourage you to come join us and share your ideas, or just be there to stay connected!
You make a difference in your children’s educational experience.