Evergreen School District Dual Language Immersion Opportunities!
Please take our survey!
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas!
Por favor complete nuestra encuesta!
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ! Hãy làm khảo sát của chúng tôi!
Take Survey Now
Our District is on a continuous journey to make our schools the best places for students to learn, staff to work, and parents to send their children for a strong education. We are looking to expand opportunities for our families with an English-Spanish dual language immersion program in 2020-2021! This survey is designed to help us gauge interest not only for an English-Spanish program, but also the potential for an English-Cantonese/Mandarin and English-Vietnamese program in the future. This survey is designed to adapt to your responses and will take between 3-7 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas
Nuestro distrito está en un viaje continuo para hacer de nuestras escuelas los mejores lugares para que los estudiantes aprendan, el personal trabaje y los padres envíen a sus hijos a una buena educación. ¡Estamos buscando ampliar las oportunidades para nuestras familias con un programa de inmersión en dos idiomas inglés-español en 2020-21! Esta encuesta está diseñada para ayudarnos a medir el interés no solo para un programa inglés-español sino también para el potencial de un programa inglés-cantonés / mandarín e inglés-vietnamita en el futuro. Esta encuesta está diseñada para adaptarse a sus respuestas y tomará entre 3 y 7 minutos completarla. Gracias de antemano por tu participación.
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ
Học khu của chúng tôi đang trên một hành trình liên tục để biến trường học của chúng tôi thành nơi tốt nhất để học sinh học tập, nhân viên làm việc và phụ huynh gửi con em họ đến một nền giáo dục tốt. Chúng tôi đang tìm cách mở rộng cơ hội cho các gia đình của chúng tôi với chương trình song ngữ Anh-Tây Ban Nha vào năm 2020-21! Khảo sát này được thiết kế để giúp chúng tôi thu hút sự quan tâm không chỉ đối với một chương trình tiếng Anh-Tây Ban Nha mà còn là tiềm năng cho một chương trình tiếng Anh-tiếng Quảng Đông / tiếng Quan Thoại và tiếng Anh-tiếng Việt trong tương lai. Khảo sát này được thiết kế để thích ứng với câu trả lời của bạn và sẽ mất từ 3 đến 7 phút để hoàn thành. Cảm ơn bạn trước sự tham gia của bạn.
Advisory Committees and Councils
We believe that the partnership between the District, our school and the community is vital to the success of all children. As such, we are pleased to provide a number of opportunity for parents and community member to become involved in our schools.
Evergreen School District facilitates many district-wide councils and advisory committees that are open to the public. These councils include the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), District Advisory Committee (DAC), District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC), Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) and the Measure I oversight committee.
Additionally, our school hosts and facilitates a number of parent groups. For more information about the specific councils, please click on the headings below or contact the school's front office.
What is School Site Council (SSC)?
Every school is required by California Education Code (CEC 52852) to establish and maintain an appropriately configured School Site Council. The SSC is a formal group staffed by teachers, parents, and classified employees. These councils generally either drive decisions or advise the principal.
The School Site Council annually reviews and updates the Single Plan for Student Achievement (LCAP/SSP) including proposed expenditure of funds allocated to the school through the Consolidated Application. The net results of the council members’ efforts are to calibrate performance, make decisions, and to advise the principal on the site budget, academic programs, and school improvement plan.
Who or what are the council member positions?
The council consists of the principal and staff members and parents/community members elected by their peers. Official council roles are outlined below.
- Chairperson – facilitates and coordinates the agenda, content, and meetings of council in conjunction with the mandate of the principal’s office. Collaborates across all organizations.
- Vice Chairperson- full partner to Chairperson, assumes duties in the absence of the Chair
- Secretary – record key actions, decisions and minutes of School Site Council meetings.
- District Advisory Committee (DAC) Representative – designated to attend Evergreen School District (ESD) information meetings (~5), and to forge communications between ESD and SSC. Visit Evergreen School District: DAC updates.
- Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Representative –designated to attend Evergreen District information meetings (~5), and to forge communications between ESD and the school's SSC. Visit Evergreen School District: PAC Updates
- Note: English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) are considered an integral part of site advisory groups for the SSC.
- Webinars are held several times a year, including an annual state of the district session.
- Weekly parent emails on interesting things going on in the district are sent from the district communications director.
- Timely updates under Evergreen School District and Community News are available on every school website and the district website.
- Annual Q&A session for parents of incoming middle school students, held in March, helps make transition from elementary school to middle school a smooth process.
- The Superintendent hosts multiple sessions with parents at schools in different parts of the district. These sessions work in similar fashion to the "Coffee With the Superintendent" PAC meeting that takes place each May. Parents attend the sessions and ask the Superintendent and assorted members of cabinet questions or share what's on their mind. Instead of pre-chosen topics, discussion will take the form of whatever is on the mind of community members at the time.
This new communications model is designed to better serve the needs of the Evergreen community and replaces the long standing Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) that met monthly on Wednesdays at the district office.
View DAC meeting agendas and minutes.
The BAC was established in fall 2014 and includes membership from parents/community, teachers, classified staff, and management staff – other than our students, those to whom the District is most accountable. The committee was established to promote greater understanding of the complicated world of school finance and to make Evergreen School District's fiscal decision-making more transparent.
If you are a parent or community member and are interested in participating or learning more, please contact Nelly Yang, Chief Business Officer at email@example.com. Be sure to include your education and/or experiences in the field of accounting or finance; your experiences, if any, working in schools or the public sector; and your desire for serving.
Visit the Evergreen School District: BAC page for more information including meeting agendas and minutes.
The PTA is led by an elected group of parents to promote the welfare of children, to support academic excellence and to raise fund for enriching school-wide activities. Parents and teachers may join this group. The annual membership and pledge drive takes place at the beginning of the school year.