by Ms Howard, Evergreen School District Social Worker
I hope all families are reading the helpful emails from our school district about COVID-19, precautions you can take, and precautions being taken at district schools. You can read all of the district updates on the district website here:
Here are some tips on reducing anxiety for yourself and your students:
- Take a media break. Stay up to date using one reliable source of information, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Wash your hands frequently, ideally washing for 20 seconds using warm water and soap.
- Take care of yourself and your family by making sure everyone is eating nutritious food and getting enough sleep.
- Take sensible steps to prepare. Ready.gov has more information about appropriate preparations.
- Spend time in nature. Take a walk and some deep breaths.
- Acknowledge that you may feel anxious.
- Write down your worries. When you have a list, challenge your own thinking to keep your thoughts in balance.
- Connect with the people you care about. Set up a text or email chain so you can communicate with them.
For more information see:
The Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress has shared information about how to take care of your family. You can download the information here: