March 13, 2020
Dear Evergreen School District Community,
As you know, to mitigate the COVID-19 concerns, schools in Santa Clara County will be closed to school attendance starting Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3. Schools will reopen on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Evergreen School District will have office staff available at school sites to support families that need questions answered with office hours from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Additionally, the District Office will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note the following:
- Spring Break will remain as scheduled, from April 10 - 17.
- Educational Services Team will be providing families options to support continued learning at home during the shutdown. Online resources, with limited options for parents to pick up printed materials, will be provided. These materials will not be teacher or school specific and will support a range of subject areas and interests. Completion is not required and materials should be considered supplemental. As such, they will not be graded. Families can expect to receive a link to the resources and additional information regarding the distribution of packets via e-mail on Monday, March 16.
- Evergreen School District is committed to continuing to support our students by providing students a nutritional lunch service at designated schools. The lunch service will be a "grab and go" format with no space for students to consume lunch onsite. Families can expect to receive information on designated sites and distribution times on Monday, March 16. Lunch service will begin on Tuesday, March 17 and will continue for the duration of the shutdown.
- Please continue with common sense hygiene approaches and self-quarantine should you or a family member be ill or exposed as per direction by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department.
- Check the District's website www.eesd.org for the latest up-to-date information for updates
We will continue to share updates. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and consideration. Our community's health and safety is our number one priority.
Dr. Emy Flores