Parent Survey for Opening Schools Fall 2020-21 (Please complete by 6/3/2020)
We believe that parents/guardians have an important voice in what school will look like for their children when they return to school in August. For this reason, we have launched a survey (see links below) for parents/guardians to share their thoughts and opinions on the reopening of schools for the 2020-2021 school year. Please complete the survey by June 3.
All schools are open and classes are in session today. After-school programs and activities at schools with no power are cancelled. After-school programs and activities at schools that have power will be in session.
The following school sites do not have power, but these schools are open today:
- Holly Oak
- Cedar Grove
- Silver Oak
Please note: All school and district phones and computer systems are down and are not working during the power outage. Schools and department offices have emergency radios fully charged and are ready for communication to sites without power. Each school site is also equipped with emergency landlines to communicate with the district office and San Jose Police Department, if necessary...
- Classes will continue as usual until the end of the school day
- All after-school programs, such as athletics and childcare, are canceled
- If your school is affected with the shutoff and you need to reach the school office in case of emergency, please send an email to email@example.com, someone is actively checking incoming messages via mobile phone
- Child Nutrition Services will ensure that there is enough food available for students at schools that lose power. While menu choices will be different, meal service will continue for students at all schools
CNS is ready and will be serving the following to the schools affected...
- Thursday: Regular Menu (back up will be yogurt, cheese and crackers)
- Friday: Regular Menu (back up yogurt, cheese and crackers)
Click here for up to date information from PG&E. Additionally, a resource page on the Santa Clara County Office of Education is available, click here. Additional guidance and community resources can be linked from this page.