2018 Second Harvest Food Drive
One Can, Two, Can, Who Can... You Can End Hunger
It is important for our children to learn that we are all connected with responsibilities toward one another and to society. The qualities of generosity, caring, compassion and service to others becomes a strong and integral part of a child's character when he/she is given opportunities and is encouraged to perform both small and large acts of kindness. By teaching children to give generously of their time, talents and treasures, we are helping them build the pillars of character of caring and community service within themselves,
To donate online - You can make a secure, tax - deductible financial donation in a matter of minutes: www.shfb.org/donateonline - Go to Donate to Your Group's Drive
MOST NEEDED FOODS
The Food Bank needs nutritious, non-perishable foods:
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- Tuna / canned meat
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low sugar cereals
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned fruit packed in juice
- Canned vegetables (low salt)
Please avoid donating items packaged in glass.
We request that you do not purchase bulk quantities of rice, flour or sugar for donation.
Second Harvest Food Bank Facts
- 1 in 4 people in Santa Clara County don't know where their next meal is coming from
- Second Harvest Food Bank (SHFB) provides food to low-income people in need in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
- It's the second largest food bank in the nation based on pounds distributed per person in poverty.
- SHFB feeds an average of 231,311 people each month
- The amount of food SHFB distributed is equivalent to 35 million meals.
- 1.3 lb of food = 1 meal and $1 = 2 meals
Last year Evergreen School District collected 31,235 lbs of food which = 24,026 meals – We were the only School District in the area awarded by Second Harvest with a" Hunger Hero" Award
Our goal this year is 35,000 pounds of food = 27,005 meals