TK-8 District of Choice
Other ESD Summer Programs
Contact your school principal if you are interested in one of these summer programs:
- Elevate Math Summer Program focuses on supporting students who are close to grade level or one grade level below in mathematics. If your child is currently a 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grader, contact your child’s principal to determine if your child qualifies for the program. Classes are being held in person at Leyva Middle School and online June 21-July 22 (no class on July 5), from 8:30 - 12:30.
- José Valdés Math Summer Program focuses on supporting students who are two or more grade levels below in mathematics. If your child is currently a 4th, 5th, or 6th grader, contact your child’s principal to determine if your child qualifies for the program. Classes are being held online June 15 - July 27 (no class on July 5), from 10:30 - 2:00.
- Computer Science Institute Enrichment Program is an online course designed for current 6th and 7th-grade students. The coding course aims to develop computational thinking and programming logic through block programming and Microbit. Contact your child’s principal to determine if your child qualifies for the program. Classes are held online June 21 - July 22 (no class on July 5), from 8:30 - 12:30.
- PEER Foundation is offering three summer programs, June 21-July 15 (excluding July 5) at LeyVa Middle School.
- TECHsploration - Students will build and code a robotic car, design and code an app, and create an arcade game using JavaSchript. The program will culminate in a design challenge where students can demonstrate their learnings. This course is designed for students who have a strong interest in computer science and electronics. Class is 9-11 a.m.
- Digital Media Lab - This program will introduce students to a variety of program tools and applications to create/enhance images, photographs, videos, websites and more. They will work individually was well as collaboratively, wihle considering their intended audience, mode of expression, and editing skills. Students will create a digital portfolio to showcase their projects. Class is 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- OBS Entrepreneurship - The OPERATION BLUE SKY program is designed to activate students' entrepreneurship mindset while they learn the fundamentals ofentrepreneurship. Students will tackle design thinking challenges and work in teams on "mock" business opportunities. This includes how to creae a business plan, branding, designing a website, and creating a prototype. Class is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.