All confirmed COVID-19 incidents related to Evergreen School District school sites and offices will be posted to this page. For the purposes of this dashboard, ESD is not counting community-related cases for those individuals who have not come onto campus within close contact* of other students and staff. ESD is counting all positive confirmed cases for individuals who have been on campus within close contact* of others for ESD or school supervised instruction or activities. Once the District learns of an individual who has tested positive at a school site or office, these steps will be followed:
- Isolate individuals if present and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Consult with Local Health Officers
- Clean and treat any affected areas
- Contact trace within ESD to determine close contacts*
- Immediately notify anyone within ESD determined to have had close contact* and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Notify anyone who may have been in proximity, such as in the classroom, school, or office
- Follow any additional recommendations from Santa Clara County Public Health
*Close Contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
You can visit the CDC website to view a detailed list of symptoms, information on when to seek medical attention, caring for yourself or others, and the difference between Influenza and COVID-19. The website also includes a Coronavirus Self-Checker tool.
Below is our COVID-19 Dashboard, which shows all confirmed COVID-19 incidents at our schools sites and offices for an 8 week period. The dashboard shows cumulative data by week for staff and students. This information is updated weekly and displays data over an 8 week period of time.
*Important Note: ESD does not wait to notify close contacts upon initial report of a positive case. However, we do wait for official confirmation from the public health department before listing the case on this dashboard. This could result in a delay of cases appearing on this dashboard or a discrepancy between the number of notifications received and actual number of confirmed cases (when the case is not confirmed positive by public health).