TK-8 District of Choice
Transitional Kindergarten Registration Requirements
- The child must turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 31 (of the current year).
- Parents and child reside in the Evergreen School District attendance area. NOTE: Proof of residency is required.
- An original birth certificate with seal or other legal document showing date of birth must be presented to school personnel.
- Record of UP-TO-DATE IMMUNIZATIONS must be presented to school personnel. If immunizations are not up to date, the registration will not be considered complete. Schools in California enforce a “no shots, no school” policy. The child WILL NOT be allowed to attend school if the immunization verification has not been received before the first day of school.
- All transitional kindergarten students must be evaluated for risk factors for TB as part of their routine medical “assessment.” A Tuberculin Skin Test (TST ) or other TB test (IGRA blood test) approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be ordered by the healthcare provider (HCP) if deemed necessary based on the TB risk factor assessment. The Santa Clara County Public Health Department TB Symptoms Review and Risk Factor Assessment Form which will be completed by the HCP will be returned to your student’s school, along with the registration packet.
The student’s HCP will give parent/guardian documentation stating one of the following within 1 year of registration:
a. Student’s risk assessment was negative. No TB testing is required.
b. Student’s risk assessment was positive with attached TB screening test (TST/IGRA) and CXR result. Student is free of infectious tuberculosis.
Students with TST/IGRA test results within 1 year of registration may submit their results with their registration packets and do NOT need to obtain the Assessment of Risk Factors from their HCP.
- Students are required to have a dental check-up by May 31 of their kindergarten year. Oral evaluations completed within 12 months prior to school entry also meet this requirement.
- Each child should receive a physical examination 18 months prior to entrance into the first grade or within 90 days after first grade entrance. Physicals must be given after March 1 (of the current year).