Transfers Into and Out of the District
Transferring to Evergreen School District From Another District
If you live outside the Evergreen School District (ESD) attendance area, and would like for your child to be enrolled at one of our schools, an Interdistrict Transfer request may be completed. To begin the process, you must request an Interdistrict release with your resident school district.
General Transfer Information
- Processing time varies depending on the type of transfer, when request are received and the volume of requests.
- All transfers are subject to space availability at the school, grade level and/or specialized program need. Resident students enrollment will take priority over transfer students.
- Enrollment in a requested school does not guarantee approval to remain; attendance, behavior and academics are subject to review.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian.
- An approved Interdistrict Transfer may be revoked, rescinded or denied based upon excessive truancy or tardiness and behavior.
- Timelines for processing:
- when submitting a request for the current school year, parent/legal guardian will be notified of final decision within 30 calendar days from the date it was received.
- when submitting a request for the following school year, parent/legal guardian will be notified as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction for that school year.
Approved transfers from your district of residence should be received by the Evergreen School District office by May 31, 2023 for the first consideration for placement for 2023 - 2024 school year.
- Approval must be obtained from the home school district as well as from ESD prior to enrolling at an ESD school.
- ESD approvals of Interdistrict Transfer Requests are based on space availability and require an annual renewal.
- Parent/guardian is responsible for the transportation of students approved through the Interdistrict Transfer Request process.
- If the child has an IEP or a 504, that will be required upon submission.
Upon receipt of the approved transfer release from your home district, please forward the signed original to Amy Shaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your request should be approved by the Evergreen School District, you may then move forward with our online registration process.
Should your incoming Interdistrict Transfer request be denied by the Evergreen School District, please refer to the Santa Clara County Office of Education web site for information regarding the appeal process.
Please contact Amy Shaffer at email@example.com with any questions regarding the interdistrict transfer process.