Substitute Teachers must renew their credentials no later than the last day of the previous month to hold a valid permit/credential. If you have renewed your permit/credentials, make sure that your credential/document is registered in the SCCOE/CTC database.
- Permits/Credentials should be renewed on-line at http://www.ctc.ca.gov (unless the permit/credential has already expired),
- Once payment has been made, the credential will post on the CCTC website within 8-10 days.
- The issue date will be the date of payment.
- Expired permits/credentials may need to be processed as paper applications; they possibly may not be renewed on-line because they need to have their credential backdated.
- CCTC instructions for “How to Renew your Credential”