TK-8 District of Choice
Students are becoming academically literate while exercising the important qualities of self-directedness, perseverance, time management, communication, empathy and responsibility in order to be well-rounded learners.
- Demonstrates academic literacy: Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Is self-directed. Perseveres through difficult tasks.
- Overcomes academic and personal barriers to set and meet goals.
- Communicates effectively to share knowledge and thinking.
- Uses content knowledge to lead ethically and responsibly.
- I can read grade level material and understand, infer, analyze, and respond across all subject areas.
- I can use the resources around me with determination to overcome academic and/or personal barriers.
- I can design a plan of action to meet my goals.
- I can share my thoughts and knowledge with others about my learning.
- I can apply my learning to make good decisions and lead by example.
Transitional Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
- I can understand what I read by asking and answering questions.
- I can find ways to solve my problems.
- I can make a plan to reach my goals.
- I can share what I have learned.
- I can make good choices with what I learned.
3rd - 5th Grades
- I can read grade level materials and show understanding.
- I can use a variety of resources to overcome challenges.
- I can create a plan to reach my goals.
- I can share my thoughts and knowledge with others.
- I can use my knowledge to make thoughtful decisions.
6th - 8th Grades
- I can read, write, speak, and apply knowledge in all subject areas.
- I can identify and use resources to successfully complete tasks.
- I can design a plan that helps me manage and accomplish tasks.
- I can share and apply my thoughts and knowledge with others.
- I can apply my knowledge to make responsible decisions and act as a role model for others.