TK-8 District of Choice
The Evergreen School District Master Plan for English Learners is a result of collaboration and commitment to meeting and exceeding the needs of our English Language learner (ELL) students. This plan works to ensure that our students receive an exemplary education. Faithful implementation of this plan provides English learners a solid educational foundation.
Evaluation and Goals
- Implementation: Utilize adopted materials, including California English Language Development (CA ELD) Standards and the English Language Arts (ELA)/ELD Framework, to implement a coherent designated and integrated ELD program.
- English Proficiency: English Learners (ELs) will make steady progress in developing academic English language proficiency.
- Academic Progress: Examine assessment data that reflects the achievement of ELs, and provide a structure that enables students to make steady growth.
- Professional Development: The district’s professional development plan includes ongoing training for all staff who work with ELs that is responsive, research, and practice-based.
- Parent Involvement: Parents of ELs and Reclassified Fluent English Proficient (RFEPs) will be given opportunities to participate in their children’s education.
- Assessments: EL assessment data that identifies a student’s progress in language proficiency will be provided to all stakeholders and utilized to drive instruction.
- Cultural Proficiency: All students and staff will be given opportunities to develop cultural proficiency.
- Program Monitoring: District and site will periodically monitor and report out the progress on goals 1-7 of our program.