Pods4Learning (TK & K)
As part of Virtual Pathways, we offer Pods4Learning, a parent-led and Evergreen School District-supported homeschooling experience for transitional kindergarten (TK) and kindergarten students. Our program is ideal for a parent who is available at least three hours per day for direct student instruction (depending on student’s grade level) with additional time for daily or weekly lesson preparation, Monday-Friday to facilitate their child’s learning and supervision, and for a parent who has an interest in homeschooling their child. For the 2021-2022 school year, this program is limited to 24 TK students and 24 kindergarten students.
Pods4Learning Program Highlights
Students learn standards-based curriculum with a group of up to five students in a virtual environment—ensuring social and emotional engagement with their peers.
District approved curriculum aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Parents and students receive daily personalized coaching and/or live interaction from a credentialed teacher.
An alternative instructional program through which all enrolled students in grades TK and kindergarten may achieve curriculum objectives in a setting other than the regular classroom.
Gives parents the opportunity to teach their children at home with support from a supervising, credentialed teacher/learning coach.
Weekly learning success packets, supporting materials, along with an iPad, are also included in this program.
A stand-alone district program that is not tied to any individual school sites.
Is FREE and open to all students in the Evergreen School District, Santa Clara County, and adjoining counties: Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Joaquin, Alameda, Stanislaus, Merced and San Benito with inter-district transfer.
- What is TK (transitional kindergarten) and why is it important?
- How do students benefit from transitional kindergarten?
- What is kindergarten and why is it important?
What is TK (transitional kindergarten) and why is it important?
How do students benefit from transitional kindergarten?
What is kindergarten and why is it important?
How to Enroll
Steps for enrolling in Virtual Pathways or Pods4Learning:
- Review the information on this page to understand if the program is right for your family.
- Request enrollment by completing this Intent to Enroll. Print and email this completed form to the program you are interested in Pods4Learning@eesd.org OR VirtualPathways@eesd.org.
- If new to Evergreen School District, complete full registration.
- Families confirmed in the program will sign a parent agreement at the beginning of each school year.
Email Pods4Learning@eesd.org for more information.