Virtual Pathways Grades 1 - 8
Virtual Pathways, for grades one through eight, is a flexible alternative education program through which students learn standards-based curriculum in a virtual setting. This program provides parents the opportunity to teach their child at home under the guidance of a credentialed teacher/learning coach. Parents have the flexibility to teach and students have the flexibility to learn at their own pace. Parents and students will meet with their learning coach biweekly to discuss instructional strategies and progress towards or exceeding grade level expectations, as well as develop a learning plan and provide guidance. First and second grade students in the program will receive an iPad and third through eighth grade students will be issued a Chromebook. Students in grades 1-8 log into the program five times a week learning language arts (reading and writing), math, science, and social studies daily.
Students in grades 1-8, meet five times a week learning language arts, math, science, and social studies daily:
- 75-90 minutes language arts
- 45 minutes math
- 45 minutes science
- 45 minutes social studies
In addition to the core courses, a variety of electives are available to students participating in Virtual Pathways. Enrichment classes meet three times a week each:
- 45 minutes enrichment 1
- 45 minutes enrichment 2
Steps for enrolling in Virtual Pathways or Pods4Learning:
- Review the information on this page to understand if the program is right for your family.
- Request enrollment by completing this Intent to Enroll. Print and email this completed form to the program you are interested in Pods4Learning@eesd.org OR VirtualPathways@eesd.org.
- If new to Evergreen School District, complete full registration.
- Families confirmed in the program will sign a parent agreement at the beginning of each school year.
Email VirtualPathways@eesd.org for more information.