Virtual Pathways: A Partnership Between Parents & Evergreen School District
Virtual Pathways is Evergreen School District’s homeschool program for transitional kindergarten (TK) -8th grade families who are interested in a homeschooling program, where the parents are involved in most aspects of the student’s learning and schooling process, and who also want the support of a credentialed teacher for goal-setting, one on one meeting and guidance. We offer two pathways in this program:
- Pods4Learning, a transitional kindergarten and kindergarten virtual homeschooling program
- Virtual Pathways, a virtual homeschooling program for grades 1-8.
Registration for these programs begins in March and closes the middle of August.
2022 - 2023 Homeschooling Programs
Parent Information Webinar
Thursday, June 2, 6:30 p.m.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER AUGUST 17 at 5 p.m.
This program begins August 18, 2021.
Highlights of the Evergreen Virtual Pathways Program
Pods4Learning (TK and Kindergarten)
As part of Virtual Pathways, we offer Pods4Learning, a parent-led and district-supported homeschooling experience for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten students. Students learn standards-based curriculum with a group of up to five students in a virtual environment—ensuring social and emotional engagement with their peers. Parents and students receive daily personalized coaching from a learning coach (credentialed teacher). Weekly learning success packets, supporting materials, along with an iPad, are also included in this program. This program is limited to 24 transitional kindergarten students and 24 kindergarten students. More information can be found on our Pods4Learning program webpage.
Virtual Pathways (Grades 1-8)
Virtual Pathways, for grades one through eight, is a flexible alternative education program through which students learn standards-based curriculum in a virtual setting. This program provides parents the opportunity to teach their child at home under the guidance of a credentialed teacher/learning coach. Parents have the flexibility to teach and students have the flexibility to learn at their own pace. Parents and students meet virtually with their learning coach biweekly to discuss instructional strategies and progress towards or exceeding grade level expectations, as well as develop a learning plan and provide guidance. Each student is issued a Chromebook. Students in grades 1st-8th log into the program five times a week learning Language Arts (reading and writing), math, science, and social studies daily. More information can be found on our Virtual Pathways grades 1-8 program page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often do we meet with our learning coach and what do we need to bring to that meeting?
- What makes up the work samples that you collect?
- How many hours of school does my student need to do?
- What happens if my child is ill?
- How is my student’s work evaluated?
How often do we meet with our learning coach and what do we need to bring to that meeting?
What makes up the work samples that you collect?
How many hours of school does my student need to do?
What happens if my child is ill?
How is my student’s work evaluated?
How to Enroll
Steps for enrolling in Virtual Pathways or Pods4Learning:
- Review the information on this page to understand if the program is right for your family.
- Request enrollment by completing this Intent to Enroll. Print and email this completed form to the program you are interested in Pods4Learning@eesd.org OR VirtualPathways@eesd.org.
- If new to Evergreen School District, complete full registration.
- Families confirmed in the program will sign a parent agreement at the beginning of each school year.
Email Pods4Learning@eesd.org or VirtualPathways@eesd.org for more information.