The following information details the process by which parents/guardians will register for the PowerSchool Parent Portal and link their children to their account. This is a two-part process. First, a parent/guardian will need to create an account. Second, a parent/guardian will have the ability to view information regarding their student as well as update emergency contacts and provide communication contact preferences.
To Create Your Account:
- To begin the registration process, go to evergreen.powerschool.com (please note there is no “www.” within this address) For ease, please BOOKMARK this link!
- If you are adding additional students to an existing account, see PARENT PORTAL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS below.
- In the “Create an Account” section, click the blue button.
- After selecting “Create Account,” you will be prompted for information. Complete all fields.
- Link student/s to account by entering student Name, ACCESS ID and ACCESS PASSWORD (you should have received a mailing with this information.)
- Show adult relationship for each student (i.e. Mother, Father)
- Each parent/guardian may set up their own account. Individuals with an account will be allowed to view their student’s information, update emergency contact information as needed, and select notification preferences. Parents/guardians with more than one student enrolled in the district will be able view each child from the same account.
- Your account setup is complete!
To Update Emergency Contacts:
- Once securely logged into your PowerSchool Parent Portal, select the “Emergency Contacts” tab.
- Please note that Contact 1 and Contact 2 names may not be changed as they are the primary parent or guardian on record for the child. Should there be a need to change these contacts, please notify your school office.
- Update your child’s emergency contact information. All students should have 5 emergency contacts as well as a doctor and dentist contact. Only those adults (18 years of age or older) listed as an emergency contact will be allowed to pick up your child from school. Emergency contacts may be asked for their government issued photo id. Click “Submit” in the bottom right corner of your screen.
To Update Your Notification Preferences:
Once logged into your PowerSchool Parent Portal, select the “Alert Solutions” tab. Customize how you would like the school to contact you.
This notification system is loaded with new features that will make it easier for us to keep in contact with your family. Within this section of the Parent Portal, you will also be able to choose your communication preferences based on message category. With the exception of emergency messages, you may opt out of any message category.
Emergency messages are always sent to all message types (email, text, and voice calls) and to every contact field shown even if you have opted out. Emergency messages will be labeled as such so you will know it is an actual emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact your child's school.
We hope you appreciate this new school notification system and the flexibility it will provide for you as a parent/guardian.
PowerSchool Frequently Asked Questions
Is this system secure?
Yes, once your account has been created, all information is entered via a secure portal. As with any online account with personal information, it is important that you do not share your personal username and password with anyone.
What if I forget my username and password?
All parents/guardians are encouraged to utilize an email address as their username. Should you forget either your username or password, click on the “Having Trouble Signing In” link below the “Parent Sign In”. From there you will be able to request your password and username.
When the school/district sends automated calls and texts what number will display on the caller id?
Alert Solutions allows our school to send messages using email, voice, and text messaging. Voice calls will be sent with your child’s school phone number or our main district phone number (408-270-6800) as the caller ID number. You may want to add this phone number to your address book to help you recognize incoming calls from the school easily. Text messages will be sent using a caller ID of 75589. You may want to add this phone number to your address book as well. Please note you will not be able to reply to text messages sent from the notification system.
I am receiving automated calls and e-mails but not text messages. How can I change this?
To receive text messages, you must go to Preferences by Message Type and check the box next to “Contact Me” using Text Messaging. By default, phone calls and email are chosen. You will receive messages to every contact field shown and every message category that has all three message types chosen. Tolls and charges associated with receipt of messages from the school are your responsibility and not the responsibility of the school. All phone numbers and email addresses must be in a valid format to save properly.
I already have an existing account. How do I add additional students to this account?
To add additional children to your account, follow the instructions below:
- Click on Account Preferences from navigation pane (left side).
- Click on Students tab.
- Click on Add button to add a student.
- Enter in your child’s name, Access ID, Access Password, and your relationship to the child.
- Your screen should now have two tabs to allow you to switch between your children. Just click their name from the top blue bar.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, please contact the office staff at your child’s school. They will be able to assist you in registration.