Transportation to School
There are several ways students can arrive and depart from school each day. We suggest walking, private transportation or riding bicycles.
Reminder: No Skateboards, Scooters, Shoes with Wheels, Hoverboards or other means of transportation are allowed.
How Do I Get My Student to School?
There will be nearly 1200 students attending Chaboya this year.In order to get all of these students to and from Chaboya safely and on time, we strongly recommend the following:
- If you live within walking distance of Chaboya, PLEASE have your child WALK TO SCHOOL.
- If you must drive, then PLEASE form a CARPOOL to minimize the number of cars on the roads.
- To minimize the traffic congestion, accidents and late arrivals to school, please follow the carpool suggestions listed below.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up points are detailed here in this map. Please follow the designated route and drop off and pick up your student(s) at the specified locations.
- Drop off your student(s) between 8:00 - 8:15 a.m.
- If you attempt to drop off your student(s) in the parking lot after 8:15 a.m., your student(s) may be tardy, and you will not be able to exit the parking lot for 15-20 minutes due to traffic congestion.
- After school, encourage your student to meet up with his/her carpool group first, then, walk to the pick-up point together. This will eliminate the need for the parent to go back to the school to get a student.
- Please be respectful of the surrounding neighborhood. The students should stay on the sidewalks and not wander through the yards.