We are the Parent Teacher Student Association of Chaboya Middle School, an award-winning school in the Evergreen district of San Jose, California.
As a member of the National PTA organization, our goals are to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school so that parents and teachers can cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Why Pledge to PTSA?
The Chaboya PTSA provides additional funding to create the types of additional enrichment programs usually only seen in private schools, and we need your help! Through membership and donations from families, the PTSA funds the following enrichment programs:
- Technology: To support Common Core Standards and enabling interactive teaching that connects with your student more effectively.
- Classroom and library materials our students enjoy Enterprise Accelerated Reader program which broadens their selections of their favorite titles.
- P.E. equipment and after school sports programs, preparing your child to succeed at a competitive high school level.
- Educational programs such as the Spelling Bee, Pi Week, Yearbook and Student Newspaper, encouraging your child to pursue his/her interests
- Enrichment Programs such as the Multicultural Event, Band and Drama/Theater performances, creating a sense of school community and pride
- Teacher classroom support for instructional materials and supplies.
- View Where Your Donation Dollars Go .
Pledge and/or Volunteer today and help give your child an educational advantage!
Dear Chaboya Parents, Teachers, Staff and Students,Congratulations to our children on their completion of Chaboya’s 2018-2019 school year!
For Chaboya administration, staff, and PTSA, the efforts we have made together throughout the year have made a significant, positive impact on our children’s academic, physical and social development. With your generous support, Chaboya PTSA has partnered with the school to provide valuable enrichment programs both inside and outside the classroom.
This year, the programs PTSA supported and the percentage of our program funds spent on each area are as follows (preliminary numbers as of June 7) :
How You Can Help:
1. Pledge your Support: Help keep additional enrichment programs, usually only seen in private schools, that are not funded by the school district and enrich the lives of your child(ren) and family at Chaboya Middle School. View Where Your Donation Dollars Go.
- Participate in the Chaboya Challenge
- Donate Today
- Donate while Shopping with Retail Partners
- Have your Employer Match your Donation
3. Volunteer/Donate Goods: We have volunteer needs throughout the school year. The more our parent community comes together to work as a team, the easier it is to offer amazing programs and events that directly benefit our children. Whether you would like to lead a program/event team, consider shadowing for a position on the board, or simply volunteer your time to help at an event or in a program... we would love to hear from you.