Chaboya Middle School in the Evergreen area of San Jose, CA has a remarkable reputation for excellent academic programs, winning sports teams and exciting extra-curricular activities. Chaboya serves students who represent a beautifully rich, culturally diverse population with a multitude of talents and interests. Chaboya is a five-time recipient of the prestigious California Distinguished School designation - a testament to our school-wide commitment to excellence. Students here learn because quality staff, involved parent groups, numerous volunteers, community agencies and business partners work together to achieve the highest levels of academic success.
School ProfileChaboya Middle School's is located in the rolling hills of Evergreen Valley just north of historic Montgomery Hill. Built in the location of San Jose's first Specific Plan Community, the neighborhood around us is ever growing. During the 2016-2017 school year, the school served 1,146 students, 565 seventh graders, and 581 eighth graders. Chaboya is a five-time recipient of the prestigious California Distinguished School Designation. The students, staff and parents of Chaboya Middle School are continuously striving to expand Chaboya Middle School's reputation as an effective and vital educational institution, which provides students with programs that allow them to be the best they can be. Chaboya provides a multitude of extracurricular activities, including after school sports and a variety of clubs.
Chaboya Middle School provides a welcoming community environment that promotes safety, wellness, and 21st Century learning. In a partnership with our parents and community, we value diversity, integrity, and academic excellence, as we prepare our students for life beyond the classroom.
Striving to provide greater student success is the primary goal of the Chaboya community. To ensure this success for our diverse student population, Chaboya is dedicated to:
- Having high expectations of every student
- Continuously aligning our curriculum to the California Content and Performance Standards
- Utilizing assessment as a means to improve instruction and student achievement
- Planning for an integrated program through a systematic improvement process
- Implementing differentiated instructional strategies and techniques in every classroom
- Preparing students for technological changes
- Offering students a safe, nurturing and innovative environment in which to excel
- Creating a community that values communication between parents,students, teachers and administrators