After School Child Care
Cadwallader offers two on campus after school care programs:
Spring Source provides a safe, effective, and supervised learning environment for children in kindergarten through 6th grade. They help every child reach his or her potential by fostering academic growth, personal growth, and self-esteem. In detail, the program provides:
- Daily (Mon.-Fri.) public school pick-up to an SSEI campus
- Snack provision to all kids, and free lunch to kindergartners
- School homework supervision
- Chinese language teaching
- Guided practice of workbooks of English and Math
- Optional classes taught by contracted specialist teachers, including Math
- Enrichment, English Writing, English Reading & Comprehension, Art,
- Dance, Chess, Shaolin Kungfu, etc.
For more information about this program, fees and to print a registration form, click here.
R.O.C.K. (Recreation of City Kids)
The City of San Jose's after school program called Recreation of City Kids or R.O.C.K. is conveniently located at Cadwallader. This after school program offers enrichment, healthy recreation, developmental asses, homework assistance, safety and fun after school care for students.
Days: Monday – Friday
Location: Cadwallader Elementary School
Hours: From when the bell rings until 6 p.m.
- Register by mail, in person at Evergreen Community Center or online at www.sanjoseca.gov/prns
- Program is only available when school is in session. For all holiday or teacher in-service days, the R.O.C.K program will be closed.
- The program is open on all minimum days including those occurring during parent-teacher conference week.
- Registration is not accepted at the school office.
- Limited scholarships are available for students who receive FREE or REDUCED LUNCH. Documentation is required to qualify for the scholarship.