Advisory Committees and Councils
We believe that the partnership between the District, our school and the community is vital to the success of all children. As such, we are pleased to provide a number of opportunity for parents and community member to become involved in our schools.
Evergreen School District facilitates many district-wide councils and advisory committees that are open to the public. These councils include the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), District Advisory Committee (DAC), District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC), Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) and the Measure I oversight committee.
Additionally, our school hosts and facilitates a number of parent groups. For more information about the specific councils, please click on the headings below or contact the school's front office.
What is School Site Council (SSC)?
Every school is required by California Education Code (CEC 52852) to establish and maintain an appropriately configured School Site Council. The SSC is a formal group staffed by teachers, parents, and classified employees. These councils generally either drive decisions or advise the principal.
The School Site Council annually reviews and updates the Single Plan for Student Achievement (LCAP/SSP) including proposed expenditure of funds allocated to the school through the Consolidated Application. The net results of the council members’ efforts are to calibrate performance, make decisions, and to advise the principal on the site budget, academic programs, and school improvement plan.
Who or what are the council member positions?
The council consists of the principal and staff members and parents/community members elected by their peers. Official council roles are outlined below.
- Chairperson – facilitates and coordinates the agenda, content, and meetings of council in conjunction with the mandate of the principal’s office. Collaborates across all organizations.
- Vice Chairperson- full partner to Chairperson, assumes duties in the absence of the Chair
- Secretary – record key actions, decisions and minutes of School Site Council meetings.
- District Advisory Committee (DAC) Representative – designated to attend Evergreen School District (ESD) information meetings (~5), and to forge communications between ESD and SSC. Visit Evergreen School District: DAC updates.
- Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Representative –designated to attend Evergreen District information meetings (~5), and to forge communications between ESD and the school's SSC. Visit Evergreen School District: PAC Updates
- Note: English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) are considered an integral part of site advisory groups for the SSC.
The goal of the PAC is to share topics that are relevant and interesting to parents, students, and staff, to inform and educate those in attendance on the topics chosen and assist in promoting district wide pride to help meet and exceed our educational goals. Those in attendance are invited to share event dates, ideas, and collaborate with each other. To see agendas, materials and minutes, click here.
For specific information including agendas, materials and minutes, please click here.
The BAC was established in fall 2014 and includes membership from parents/community, teachers, classified staff, and management staff – other than our students, those to whom the District is most accountable. The committee was established to promote greater understanding of the complicated world of school finance and to make Evergreen School District's fiscal decision-making more transparent.
If you are a parent or community member and are interested in participating or learning more, please contact Nelly Yang, Chief Business Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your education and/or experiences in the field of accounting or finance; your experiences, if any, working in schools or the public sector; and your desire for serving.
The PTA is led by an elected group of parents to promote the welfare of children, to support academic excellence and to raise fund for enriching school-wide activities. Parents and teachers may join this group. The annual membership and pledge drive takes place at the beginning of the school year.