Tech Expo 2017 - Sensing Science
April 29, 2017
Location: James Franklin Smith Elementary
2220 Woodbury Lane
San Jose, Ca. 95121
A fun and playful learning experience for the whole family that combines science that exemplifies 21st Century Skills. Discover science concepts through problem solving, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and building literacy. Students will be provided with Science journals, tote bags and yummy snacks.
Families will participate in the following learning stations:
• Aquatic Aria- making music with glasses filled with water
• Blow as Away- making a bubble wand, and trying to blow different shape bubbles
• Cubical Chords- is experimenting with different size rubber bands on a guitar box
• Illusionistic Illustrations- making a thaumatrope
• Krazy Kazoos- making a jumbo straw kazoo
• Oobleck Overload- experimenting with oobleck
• Ring Ring String- creating a string telephone out of cups
• Scent-sational- scent matching game
• Snowy Special- experimenting with instant snow
• Vi-bronica- making a harmonica
Don't miss this exciting event!!
The first 30 will get an early bird surprise.
Students will have opportunities to receive great resources.